LSST:UK Data Access Centre - Acceptable Use Policy
By registering with and connecting to the LSST:UK Data Access Centre (the DAC) as a user, you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
- You shall only use the DAC to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the LSST:UK Collaboration, of which you are a member and in compliance with these conditions of use.
- You shall not use the DAC for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any DAC administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your DAC credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
- You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the DAC or DAC credentials to the LSST:UK support email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
- Use of the DAC is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the DAC will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
- Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. The LSST:UK Privacy Statement is available at https://lsst-uk.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/HOME/pages/583630867/Privacy+Statement.
- The Resource Providers, the LSST Virtual Organisation, and the DAC operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
- You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use.